The price algorithm has been rewritten from scratch to get more accurate dynamic prices, especially its market study component.
Luxury and rare resources should now be priced much higher as a result, as they should have been.
The price UI has been redone to facilitate understanding the different factors influencing pricing of resources. Each element now also provides tooltips with more details and explanation of what it represents.
The prices update
– new market study algorithm that finds the right prices more accurately than before
– removed state consumption factor from prices, for now
– added ‘work price’ , increasing prices depending on the amount of workforce required to produce a unit of resource
– new price UI with more details and reorganized to offer better understanding of the different factors influencing a resource’s final price
– fixed various issues with “new leader” types of spawn
– added a new round of server optimizations to reduce issues on larger games
– armies whose home regions do not have enough population to maintain troops will now decay and gradually lose units.
– some advanced state power policies now require fair exchange.
– added a new “army marshal” status in Nations. Marshals can control all the National armies regardless of their position in the nation’s hierarchy.
– reduced efficiency of pastures
This update brings drastic changes to the economy, by adding the concept of ‘unprofitable’ buildings: if a building in functioning at a loss ( making no positive income for its workers ), it becomes flagged as unprofitable and its efficiency will gradually decrease while being avoided by new workers.
Trade balance is now effective on your treasury balance, and trade incomes are subject to waste!
Also noteworthy: workers priority has finally been implemented, as requested for a while by testers.
And it can be set on a per building basis which allows you to make sure your critical buildings ( like wells and food production/distribution) remain functional even if your population decreases!
The unprofitable update
– greatly increased storage capacity of hier tier warehouses and granaries
– trade incomes now subject to waste
– trade incomes now subject to treaty taxes and nation taxes
– added employment priority per building
– added ‘unprofitable’ state to buildings, if the building operates at a loss for its workers (prod cost > incomes )
– efficiency of unprofitable production buildings now decreases with time.
– unprofitable buildings are flagged with a special icon, similar to sleeping or abandonned buildings.
– fixed issues with multiple policies UIs
– fixed bug where subventions where not being taken from the state’s finances balance
– fixed bug where non producing industries still consummed materials
– added vital needs bonus for providing higher quality food (overall increase in vitalneeds satisfaction)
– reduced sows fertility from 10 to 8
– fixed issues with needs satisfaction and life quality calculations
– added details to the UI of population needs satisfaction: you can now see the life quality awarded by each satisfied need
– fixed bug with formation’s upkeep
– reduced cost of claims, but increases exponentially with distance
– reduced colony requirement to 65% vital needs
– rebalanced some techs and project costs
– Misc bugfixes
– In the deployment tool, its now possible to toggle deployment per formation.
– In the deployment tool, you can now see deployment of other troops controlled by other players of your same nation.
– You can now deploy troops in foreign regions.
– Trade balance from all territories now applied to the player’s treasury balance.
– Import costs now taken into account by the rentability price factor (the price modificator ensuring minimum rentability for sellers of a resource). Before was only the local production costs.
– Fixed issues with battle objectives.
– Added new battle action to eliminate all enemy forces in city without invading it, pillaging it, or sacking it.
– Increased max number of defensive zones to 6.
The National armies update
This update adds a new type of formation : National Armies. They behave in the same way as regular armies except for the fact that they can be controlled not only by its owner but also by all the superiors of that player in the Nation. This will allow to organize national operations more easily without needing every member of it to be online at the same time.
Strategic tools have been improved: defensive zones stop at enclosed spaces like palissades, range units now display their range visually, and formations can now remember their deployment positions in each region they’ve been deployed to, meaning it will no longer be reset if your army leaves your city and comes back!
This update also brings a lot of re-balancing and new mechanisms to counter gameplay exploits.
Units now cost coins to recruit and their equipment has to be paid. It is no longer possible to recruit units if in debt.
Honor now affects Legitimacy instead of State Power. It decays with time. Lots of new actions can affect Honor, such as sacking cities, abandoning cities, or losing a city to a rebellion…
Penalties for having a negative state power, being in debt , or distance from capital have been overall increased.
Also noteworthy: some policies such as “Fair Exchange” now cause an immediate conflict penalty if repelled.
Exploration ‘exploits’ via the extensive use of lonely civilians in the sea or via the polar regions is now prevented by new events.
This is a pretty large update, although with nothing much new visually.
Please take the time to read the change log as it contains lots of modifications to gameplay and balance!
– WARNING: all prior deployment data is lost! you will have to recreate defensive zones and redeploy all your troops.
– added a new type for formation: “national armies”. they can be controlled by all the nation superiors of the formation’s owner, allowing to delegate military management for national operations.
– national armies provide authority to any city of the nation where they are stationned, even those of a different character.
– added the ability to change the type of existing formations: militias can now be converted to regular armies.
– defensive zones propagation redone: it will now stop at palissades if inside an enclosed space!
– troops now remember their respective deployment positions in every region they have been deployed to.
– range for missile units such as archrs is now displayed during deployment
– troops missing deployment data will now autodeploy with orders copied from similar units, or, if none available, get assigned to defend any created deployment zone.
– nation state power transfers and taxes for inactive characters is now capped at 10% regardless of their rank settings.
– increased state power maintenance of subordinates from distance + now non linear: expodential increase with distance
– added state power cost from total number of subordinates (not just direct subordinates)
– coin transfers in treaties are now limited by your current treasury and income.
– trading rights and coin transfers are now only available when the fair exchange policy is enabled.
– added new polar events
– some events can now be triggered when moving even on already explored territories
– changed culture from faction based to character based
– colonies no longer contribute to your GDP, culture or score
– revoking or passing certain policies can now cause an immediate penalty of conflict in all your territories. example: revoking fair exchange now causes +40 of conflict.
– recruiting new troops now has a recruitment cost = training cost + equipment cost
– it is no longer possible to recruit new troops if in debt
– honor no longer affects state power, but legitimacy instead. positive honor now provides a bonus, though less important than its malus if negative.
– honor, wether negative or positive, now slowly decays with time
– cancelling debt now also causes an honor penalty
– sacking now causes an honor penalty of 15
– renouncing control of a region now causes an honor penalty of 25
– losing a region to a rebellion now causes an honor penalty of 25
– increase loyalty penalty from negative state power
– increased waste penalty from negative state power
– reduced waste penalty from weak local administration
– increased local culture from capital distance
– added waste UI details in the economic tab of the territory menu
– reduced production of the “guard” service for towers
– increased (greatly!) upkeep of elephants and mammoths
– reduced number of herds
– reduced meat from herds
– lowered growth of elephant and mammoth herds
– lowered odds of successfully capturing elephants and mammoths
– upkeep of elephant and mammoth units greatly increased
– increased conflict generated by the “seized materials” policy from +5% to +10%
– fixed bug when unloading resources from a formation and not enough room available
– added event to counter the exploit of using defenseless civilians (piglets,oldpigs,sows) to explore
– fixed visibility not removed when a formation got destroyed on the worldmap
– fixed issues and exploits with resistance missing in some cases in NPC cities
– fixed issues with research projects getting stuck
– fixed bug with colonies generating abnormal tax income
– fixed colonies counted as cities in the administration stat calculation
– fixed exploit allowing destroyed building to be repaired for free
This patch includes an engine update to its latest version.
It is also the first “full build” of the game, which is a more optimized version of the game ( but potentially more unstable and with less error feedback ).
This means everyone should experience a significant improvement of framerate and that the servers should run a bit more smoothly.
This patch also includes significant memory optimizations on the server to allow for bigger games and support more players.
In terms of gameplay, i added fixes to city griefing and rebalanced the different breedable animals to give more unique properties to each.
– experimental first ever “full build” of the game. A full build is much more optimized version of the game, improving its overall framerate and memory usage. However its likely to be more unstable!
– updated engine to latest version
– improved server starting speed
– greatly optimized memory usage of the server
– optimized the water and reflection shaders
– demolition speed of buildings is now 0.1 in resistant cities. Local builders do not participate.
– demolition of buildings is maxed to 3 at a time in resistant cities.
– it is now impossible to clear terrain and destroy infrastructures in resistant cities.
– new hierarchy button allows to see the hierarchy of foreign nations
– redesigned the region owner UI in the worldmap
– livestock pastures reduced cost from 2 to 1 res unit of animals to build
– livestock ‘meat’ pastures efficiency reduced from 1 to 0.7
– rabbit and chicken production’s perk is that it takes less space than other animals
– ostrich production produces meat faster
– buffalos and cows produce more leather as byproduct (1.8 and 1.5) but require more space
– llamas, goats and sheep leather production reduced from 1 to 0.8
– horses and camels production is slower and they produce less leather
Reorganized the customization of nation flags.
Now using a palette of colors instead of hue + 2nd color for the flag symbol.
Removed old placeholders and started adding the new final flag icons.
Also fixed various issues.
– reorganized nation flag customization, now using a color palette and with 2 colors: flag and symbol
– replaced placeholder flag symbols with new final ones
– flag icon lines color will auto-invert from black to white to adapt the filling color
– reduced victory points from score
– dead nation now removed from the score
– carriers no longer spawned for free when evacuating a region
– fixed resources not consummed when located in warehouses being upgraded
– fixed renegociating treaty with ‘join faction’ causing an error
– fixed culture transfers when disbanding troops not working in some cases
– fixed cultural problems when taking over an abandonned territory
– fixed cultural problems with the succession start
– fixed asking to terminate treaties not working
– fixed table display missing line highlights
– fixed explored map not updating properly in some cases
– fixed issues with trade routes from the world map
– fixed ownership issues with claiming previously settled territories
– fixed formation inventory not being auto-unloaded when disbanding the last troop