As the game is now playable for a minority of testers, here’s a recap of the last updates, including the newest one of today!
The swampy update
Improving swamps, nordic region’s balance and herds gameplay.
– fixed misc issues and bugs
– added global climate health bonuses/malus. nordic regions-> health bonus +10. tropical regions-> health malus -5.
– added new terrain type: peat. produces ‘charcoal’ directly exploitable from the ground with the ‘soil miner’ building. It’s present in nordic swamps.
– increased frequency of swamps and lakes in nordic climate.
– increased frequency of sheep and rabbits in nordic climate.
– improved swamp terrain generation. added more topographic diversity and swamps now connect with other adjascent ones.
– added global health malus of -5 in swamps.
– herds will now continuously spawn all over the world map.
– herds now grow with time
– herds now randomly move from region to region
– bigger herds of elephants and mammoths.
– new “capture” action for formations (with the animal capture tech), which is a hunt focusing on capturing live animals from herds instead of killing them for meat. This action loots only livestock resources but no meat or leather.
– elephants and mammoths are now only present as herds ( no more permanent region spawns )
– added new “elephant riding” tech to unlock ability to recruit mounted elephants and mammoths.
– added agriculture tutorial
– added barter transition tutorial
– added a lot of missing project & ideas texts
The treaty renegociation update
Added missing diplomatic tools for treaties allowing to renegociate, modify, and ending them. Rebalanced life-quality bonuses.
– cannot recruit new troops in a formation if outside home region
– fixed misc issues and bugs
– fixed missing cider mills buildings
– fixed problems with the ‘truffles’ resource
– added terrain tile infos when holding right clic on the terrain
– increased efficiency from 1 to 1.2 of woodcutter 1, and added +2 to its range.
– tiles covered by buildings can no longer be exploited for resources ( –> trees covered by fields will no longer be exploitable by woodcutters )
– hammers and axes less expensive in higher tier metals
– increased life quality bonuses of all houses.
– increased life quality bonuses of satisfied higher level needs
– richer classes are no longer served first for resources equally affordable by poorer classes.
– fixed a pathfinding fatal error
– added server.bat in game folder allowing to start server directly
– added game loading and creation UIs on the server allowing to create new games directly from the server
– improved “first builder” victory mission procedural objectives
– treaty breaking close of “coins penalty” is now a % of GDP instead of a fixed amount of coins.
– it is now possible to terminate treaties without breaking closes if both parties agree on it
– it is now possible to renegociate existing treaties if both parties agree to a modification
– fixed the non-working treaty counter-proposal option
Small improvements update
– fixed misc bugs
– animal ‘camps’ no longer placed in region center, avoiding automatic hunters to start in the same position as the animals
– event-spawned units no longer invade regions
– editor locked
– its now possible to create treaties with no honor engagements.
– smaller tribes of porkoderthals with more loot
– right-click on a building button allows to build its previous obsolete version when relevant
– the defender can now admit defeat when an attacker has compelted his objective, ending the battle instantly without needing to wait for them to retreat
– fixed issues with culture changes and resistance when invading a city
– fixed issues with missing battle events
– fixed issues with average score triggering instantaneous gameover
– improved revelance of procedural objectives for victory missions to be more accessible and relevant to the situation of current players
– added notification to all players when a victory mission is completed
– implemented server passwords, ‘friends only’ and ‘private’ games.
– fixed ability to launch server by shortcut(edited)